Are you still not sure about getting a sustainably certified house?
The question often been asked: is it really worth it?
Here are 6 major advantages of owning a sustainable home:
1. Lower consumption
The figures for the reduction of both electricity and water consumption are extraordinary for sustainable housing. Electricity savings are around 60 %. Water, on the other hand, is around 40 %.
2. Economic savings
The question of economic savings is linked to the reduction in consumption. Considering the escalating prices in the energy sector, these savings can be very substantial indeed. At the time of writing this post, the price per megawatt in Spain stands at the astronomical figure of 242 euros. Everything indicates that this situation will continue in the coming months. The European Union has already announced that the last quarter of the year will be complicated in terms of energy. This is undoubtedly the most propitious moment for a change towards renewable energies.
3. Revaluation of housing
One of the most interesting aspects to take into account when we talk about a house planned with a vision for the future is the revaluation. In the case of the BREEAM certificate, this revaluation is 7.5%.
For example, if our house has a value of 250,000 euros, it can be revalued up to 268,750 euros, which means an increase of 18,750 euros. Not bad!
It is also important to bear in mind that from 2030 onwards, sustainable construction will be compulsory for the purchase and sale of homes in Spain.
The breathable air in a sustainable home is healthier because the construction materials are of higher quality and have better thermal insulation. In addition to not including polluting materials with toxic particles. This is further accentuated by the use of aerothermal energy.
But what does aerothermal energy consist of?
Aerothermal energy is an air conditioning system that uses the heat or cold from inside the home and transfers it to the outside. This process also occurs in reverse.
5. Helps the planet
One of the biggest advantages is undoubtedly the elimination of polluting gases. This is accentuated by the climate crisis we are facing during this century.
If before we talked about consumption and monetary savings, now we talk about self-sufficiency, a very interesting concept that is often given less attention. Not being dependent on the electricity grid and the fluctuating prices to which it is currently subjected can be a relief not only for our pocket but also for our emotional stability.